Pocket Door Keyed Lock – Pocket doors are a great space-saver in modern homes, but they’re also a welcomed and original feature in many older homes. It’s important to note, however, that these doors necessitate an entirely different set of hardware than normal hinged doors, which includes both how they open and close and how they latch.
For the most versatility and originality of a pocket door, you need the best pocket door lock. While the door can be opened and closed with ease, it can also be locked thanks to these handy handles that sit flush with the door. With that in mind, we’ve compiled a list of our favorite pocket door locks, which we hope will help you narrow down your search. Find out more by reading on.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock in various Types
There are two basic types of pocket door locks, round and square, which differ in design as well as in installation.. You may choose a type based solely on your personal preference in design. However, if you’re replacing an old lock with a new one, you’ll need to match the current lock. Learn more about these two types in the following section.
Round pocket door locks are circular in shape, as the name suggests. There is a 218-inch diameter hole in the door that these locks fit into. Their latches slide into a separate hole, which is typically about an inch in diameter. The installation of a traditional lockset is very similar to this procedure.
Round pocket door locks typically have backsets of 238 inches, which is the distance from the edge of the door to the hole’s center. Another door lock-like device is on display. However, some of the best pocket door locks have adjustable backsets so that they can be installed in a variety of ways.
Square pocket door locks are a completely different design. Instead of drilling a series of holes into the door, they first cut a square out of it. A single piece of the lock slides into place and screws into the door after the door is removed from the frame.
Even if a door has a round hole, a square pocket door lock may still fit. This is a possibility. However, if the door was originally equipped with a square lockset, a round lockset is out of the question.
Choosing the best pocket door lock is now a matter of life or death. Whenever the need arises, the doors will be safe and secure. Finding the ideal pocket door lock isn’t as simple as picking the first one you see at Lowe’s.
To find the best solution, there are many variables to consider. The following are a few things to keep in mind when purchasing a pocket door lock:
- There are two basic types of pocket door locks: round and square. Before making a final decision, you’ll need to determine which one works best for you. This decision will be influenced by your personal style and the door’s overall construction.
- There are a variety of finishes available for most pocket door locks. It is up to the buyer to decide which type of finish they prefer for their home’s interior or exterior. Alternatively, these locks could become a blot on the landscape.
- You don’t want to buy a pocket door lock that requires complicated installation. Don’t be afraid to research each option’s step-by-step procedure before deciding which one is best for you.
A list of the 13 most popular pocket door locks has also been compiled, with user reviews for each. These discussions and our indepth buying advise would also make this search a lot easier for you! Let’s get down to business and find a solution that works best for you!
Best Pocket Door Keyed Lock
1. Kwikset 335 Round Bed/Bath Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Starting our list off with Kwikset’s 93350-003 Round Pocket Door Lock is a good idea. Because it’s round and flexible, it can fit any 2 1/8″ drilled door.
To put it another way, it will fit into any standard thickness interior door. To put it another way, it made it simple to retrofit the lock into older doors and install it on new doors. When I installed it on my bathroom or bedroom doors, I only needed a screwdriver.
The instructions provided by Kwikset were also helpful and easy to follow. This is a feature that most manufacturers don’t pay enough attention to when designing their bedroom or bathroom locks. Kwikset, on the other hand, made theirs simple to follow and a useful resource.
An attractive satin nickel finish added a nice touch to the door. It was aesthetically pleasing and didn’t detract from any of the places I used it. There aren’t many scenarios in which its presence in my home would make me uncomfortable.
As I tried to break through it a few times, I found that it had a decent level of defense. An armed thief won’t be deterred by the lock, but it will serve as a useful deterrent. In addition to that, the price tag isn’t bad either, since it falls right in the middle of my price range.
Unlocking this option, on the other hand, proved to be more difficult than I had anticipated. It’s a problem caused by the turn piece’s shallowness and difficulty in gripping.
- Any standard 2 1/8-inch door will fit the round design.
- Retrofits existing doors or can be installed on new ones with ease.
- The instructions are easy to follow.
- Satin nickel with a clean, polished look.
- Protects fairly well.
- A reasonable price
- Turning piece is difficult to handle
- Door notch cutting is avoided because of the round design.
- A universal, height-adjustable latch is included.
- A 2 3/8-inch latch backset is included.
- The latch throw is 1/2 in.
- On the inside of the lock, there is a turn piece that engages the locking mechanism.
2. PRIME-LINE N 7239 Pocket Door Keyed Lock
An interior sliding door can be protected with the PRIME-LINE N 7239 Nickel Pocket Door Privacy Lock. A break-in attempt or two can be withstood because of its diecast metal construction.
Even when my friend tried to break through it, it held up admirably. He tried a variety of methods to get around it, but none worked. Locked my sliding pocket door with confidence thanks to this lock’s performance.
The lock’s ability to fit panels ranging from 1 3/8 inches to 1 3/4 inches was also impressive. When it comes to pocket doors, it’s a lot more versatile than you might think. It worked on all of them in my house, which surprised me.
The lock’s installation was also straightforward. All the hardware needed to install a locking pocket door is included in the PRIME-LINE package. Getting this lock on the various doors I tried was a breeze and didn’t require much thought on my part.
As a bonus, its nickel brass finish could fit in with any decor. In my bathroom or bedroom, I wouldn’t be concerned about it blending in with the rest of the decor. It can be used in any modern-themed home.
It would have been nice if the screws that came with the kit were a little more durable, however. These parts had a tendency to break easily. Similar complaints were made by other customers in their reviews.
- Diecast metal construction for long-term use.
- Secure enough to deter trespassers
- Fits 1 3/8-inch to 1 3/4-inch thick panels
- Mounting hardware is included for a quick and simple installation.
- satin nickel-brass combination
- Screws that are included in the package are susceptible to breaking.
- Adjustable for panels between 1-3/8″ and 1-3/4″ in thickness, the Prime-Line Pocket Door Privacy Lock is compatible with most pull doors.
- Additional home security: This long-lasting privacy lock is ideal for securing important passage points within your house.
- This lock by Prime-Line is made of diecast metal and is paired with a satin nickel brass finish that can be used on a variety of doors in your home. It comes with all the hardware you need to attach the lock to your door.
- If you’re looking for hardware repair or replacement, you’ve come to the right place! Quality is a priority at Prime-Line, which results in repairs that are just as good as the original installation.
3. Homotek Pocket Door Keyed Lock
One of the most appealing features of the Privacy Sliding Pocket Door Lock from HOMOTEK is its adaptability. Three finishes (black, oil-rubbed brass, and satin nickel) are what make it unique. ‘ I could see each of them being useful in a variety of settings.
For example, vibrant interior spaces can benefit from the exotic look of satin nickel. For a more casual modern home, the oil-rubbed brass would be a good choice of finish. The black option, on the other hand, works well as a lock that won’t be noticed in any setting.
Another example of the product’s adaptability can be found in its mortise-and-tenon installation. It allows me to use the lock on both lefts- and right-handed doors. ‘ Reversible locks are more convenient than the security locks I had previously used on my pocket doors.
In addition, I was intrigued by its simple locking mechanism, which I was able to secure within the room. For those who value privacy, this isn’t an external locking mechanism. A bathroom or a bedroom pocket door lock could benefit from this product’s versatility.
Another notable feature of this lock was its stainless steel construction. Likable in appearance, it doesn’t appear to be overly expensive. The ability to withstand regular use without quickly breaking down is another benefit.
Additionally, HOMOTEK provides a return policy for each customer. To ensure that all customers are satisfied, this is an additional nice touch.
My only gripe is that the installation instructions are a little confusing. The installation was more difficult than I expected because of these instructions. HOMOTEK could have spent more time on them if they wanted to.
- Flexible finishes for a wide range of applications (black, oil-rubbed brass, and satin nickel)
- For right or left-handed doors, this installation is suitable.
- Locking system that is simple to use
- The room can be locked from the inside.
- An eye-catching stainless steel design.
- There is a money-back guarantee
- Instructions for installation are difficult to follow.
- With a wide, easy-to-grasp design, this Deluxe Pocket Door Privacy Lock and Pull is reversible and safe.
- Allows you to lock the door from the inside of the house
- Replace old or broken pocket door locks with newer models – Do Not Replace The Door If The Pocket Door Privacy Lock Is Broken Or Old; Rather, Purchase a Lock And Pull Set! An Oil Rubbed Bronze finish is one of three options.
- All Hardware and Instructions are Included for Ease of Use, as well as Quick and Easy Installation. In order to use the lockset on both left and right-handed pocket doors, it is non-handed. Plates Can Be Returned! This mortise lock fits doors up to a thickness of 1-3/8″.
- Pocket Door Pull And Lock Is Made Of Stainless Steel, Which Means It’s Long-Lasting And Durable Enough To Last For Many Years.
- In order to provide you with the best possible product, we use your feedback as our benchmark. Send us an email and we’ll get back to you within 24 hours if you have any questions or concerns. If for any reason you are not satisfied with your purchase, you can return it for a replacement or a full refund! There aren’t any!
4. PRIME-LINE N 7367 Pocket Door Keyed Lock
The N 7367 Pocket Door Lock by PRIME-LINE is one of the most durable options on the market. Because it is made of solid brass, it has been proven to last for many years. I’m powerless to do anything other than confirm these findings based on my own observations and observations of others.
However, it’s not the only factor in its inclusion on our list. My favorite feature was that it could be used with both right and left-handed pocket doors. With this option, the product is more customizable than other options.
The lock can also be used on doors with a thickness of 1 3/8 inches and 1 3/4 inches. It can be used in a wide range of situations that people may not have previously considered. These thicknesses are, after all, the norm for pocket door construction.
The template and instructions that came with the product were also nice additions. Installation was made easier and more straightforward by the use of both of these tools. Customer reviews also mentioned these issues, and I wasn’t the only one to notice them.
After the satin nickel finish was installed, my home’s interior setup only got better. In most situations, it should be able to blend in and not become a distraction.
In addition, the thumb turn intrigued me. As far as I could tell, it was easy to use and turn to lock or unlock. I don’t think anyone will have any difficulty using or accessing it.
Packaging was flimsy at best, however. I wish that the manufacturer had used bubble wrap instead of plastic wrap for the packaging.
- Solid brass construction for long-term use.
- The application can be done either right or left-handed.
- Fits doors with a thickness of between 1 3/8 and 1 3/4 inches.
- Instructions are included in the kit.
- Sliding satin nickel finish
- Locking and unlocking can be done with a simple thumb turn.
- Wrapped in flimsy plastic
- One deluxe privacy lock for a pocket door with a pull is included. Designed for left or right-handed doors, this deluxe privacy lock and pull is easy to grip.
- Replace old or broken pocket door locks with newer models – Get a new lock and pull set for your pocket door privacy lock if it’s broken or old!
- Installation is a breeze thanks to the included hardware and instructions, and it’s done in a matter of minutes. If you have a left or right-handed pocket door, you can use this lock set. To learn how to reverse the handing, watch the video on this page.
- This lock can be installed on doors ranging from 1-3/8″ to 1-3/4″ thick and is a mortise lock.
- With its solid brass construction, this pocket door pull and lock is guaranteed to withstand the rigors of daily use for many years to come. Right or left-handed doors can be fitted with this mortise lock, which is reversible.
5. Designers Impressions Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Due to its attractive oil-rubbed bronze color, the Designers Impressions’ 53843 Pocket Door Lock could easily blend in with traditional or rustic décor. My old RV’s pocket door needed an old-timey feel, and this fit the bill perfectly.
Installing the software was not difficult at all. In the end, it was a lot less time-consuming than the other options I’ve had previously. The included hardware and the matching strike plate were simple to use, making this a breeze.
Since I was replacing the existing hardware, the whole process only took a few minutes. The four screws were all that was needed to complete the task. For those who have never installed a lock before, this lock is an excellent choice.
I also found myself enjoying the ease of use of this device. Locking and unlocking is made simple by a well-recessed lever that is easy to turn. So easy to use, even my clumsy sausage fingers could manage it.
Designers Impressions was also able to keep the price of this product in check. The fact that I didn’t have to dip into my savings to make the purchase was a major plus. For my RV’s pocket sliding door, it was an affordable and practical solution.
However, we were surprised to hear from a few customers who had problems with their shipments. Occasionally, the lock arrived in a less than ideal package in these cases. For a high-end brand like Designers Impressions, it’s a poor choice of style.
- Bright, shiny bronze with an oil-rubbed patina
- Suitable for rustic or traditional settings.
- Easy to install with hardware and a matching strike plate provided
- a straightforward method of operation
- Hidden in the middle for easy locking and unlocking convenience.
- Effective and reasonable pricing
- Several shipping problems
- The dimensions of this item are 2-1/2″ x 2-3/4.”
- Easy-to-follow instructions were included.
- Assembled with all necessary hardware
- Effortless procedure.
- Includes a coordinating strike plate as standard equipment.
6. Deltana Pocket Door Keyed Lock
It can be difficult to find a lock specifically designed for pocket door applications. The SDLA325U15 HD Pocket Locks by Deltana is one of these rare products. Because of this, the manufacturer made sure that its design was able to perform this function effortlessly.
If you have a door that is 1 3/8-inch thick or less, this lock will work. The majority of pocket doors fall within this range. As a result, the product is very easy to use and does not necessitate any additional configurations.
I also found myself enjoying the process of installing it. There are many options on the market today, but this one was easy to use and less time-consuming. The included mounting hardware was a major factor in making this process as easy as possible.
Similar to previous models, this one could be used by both right and left-handed people. When I tried to install it on different pocket doors, it quickly adapted to both situations. When it comes to testing these products, I’ve seen and done worse.
In addition, there is a three-year warranty, fast shipping, and 20 different finishes to choose from. As a potential customer, each of these products made my life a lot easier. Because of this, Deltana was able to create a lock that was suitable for use on pocket doors.
However, I was a little taken aback by the product’s high price. On this entire list, it’s one of the priciest options. Buyers will have to decide if the extra cost is worth the extra quality features.
- Designed for use with pocket doors
- Between 1 3/8-inch and 1 3/4-inch thick doors can be used.
- Installation is a breeze thanks to the pre-installed mounting hardware.
- For use with doors that open in either direction.
- Fast delivery and a three-year warranty are included.
- Various finishes are available in a variety of purchasing quantities.
- A pricey choice
- The overall dimension is 3-1/4″ x 2-1/4″.
- 1-3/8″ to 1-3/4″ thick door
- kitted out with everything you need for installation
- Fine finishes are available in a variety of colors.
7. SCHLAGE LOCK CO SC991B Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Another option is the Schlage SC991B-619 Sliding Door Lock, which has a greater emphasis on privacy. In fact, it has a number of features that are perfectly suited to my personal spaces.
The lock’s privacy feature, for example, is a good example. Rather than relying solely on an external locking mechanism, I was able to lock the door from the inside. Consequently, this Schlage lock is much more valuable in bathroom or bedroom pocket doors.
The solid brass construction of this Schlage lock is an additional feature worth mentioning. It will help protect privacy by being sturdy, long-lasting, and able to perform at a reasonable level. Every time I’ve had someone try to break into this lock, they’ve come up empty-handed. Toddlers and pets should be no problem at all.
The Schlage Merano door handle is also compatible with this product. With their satin nickel finishes, these two pieces of gear go together like a glove. Even after regular use, the lock’s satin nickel doesn’t show fingerprints.
The cost of the item was also reasonable. It’s right in the middle of the price range for these pocket door locks that I consider reasonable. As a result, some buyers may see it as a good deal.
Customers with hand-related ailments have complained that the lock is difficult to turn for those who are older. Although I didn’t experience any discomfort, I can see how someone with arthritis might. It’s a good idea to think about this before investing any money.
- Allows for the locking of the interior of a room.
- Solid brass construction ensures long-term use.
- Perfectly matched up with the Schlage Merano door handles
- Fingerprints won’t show up on a satin finish.
- At a reasonable price point
- For the elderly, it is difficult to turn.
- Locking the door from the inside is possible thanks to the Privacy Functions.
- Its dimensions are 1-1/2″ D x 2-1/2″ H
- Solid brass construction ensures long-term use.
- finished in a satin nickel patina
- Plates can be turned over.
8. QCAA Solid Brass Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Pocket sliding door locks can be difficult to install. This process could have taken hours, but QCAA’s P12-001 Sliding Door Pull Pocket Lock sped things up significantly. It was a breeze to install on my sliding closet doors.
People with little or no experience should have no problem. In terms of pocket door hardware and instructions, this is one of the best options out there. QCAA devotes a significant amount of time and resources to creating a user-friendly product.
It wasn’t a bad performance, either. Its long-lasting design is well-known for its ability to withstand repeated, heavy use. When it comes to its longevity, I can’t think of any reason why it wouldn’t.
Having a product that doesn’t draw attention is always a good thing. Having a pocket door lock as the first thing a guest notices when they enter my home is not ideal. As a result, this option is not considered until it is absolutely necessary.
A meshable finish for both interior and exterior doors should be easy to find. You can choose from a variety of styles that should work well in the right setting.’ The two-pack option is also available for customers who need to secure multiple pockets at the same time.
However, I discovered that the lock has a tendency to get stuck when it jolts, such as when closing too quickly or hard. My door wouldn’t fully close until I fixed the problem with the lock portion. When I slam the door a lot harder than usual, I get this.
- It’s a breeze to set up (mounting hardware and instructions included)
- Construction that will last for a long time
- Design with a low profile
- There are a total of 12 different color options to choose from.
- Buying quotas of two
- Acquired the tendency to get stuck
- This item’s dimensions are as follows: 2.5″ by 2.5″ by 1.35.”
- A Lockable Privacy Feature
- Hardware for mounting the device is included.
- with Detailed Installation Instructions
9. Lockwood Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Unlike our previous choices, Lockwood’s 7444SPDP Keyed Pocket Sliding Dr Lock is a little different. Pocket door key locks can be used to lock or unlock the door from both the exterior and the interior.
As an example, when the door is locked, a user can unlock the door with a key from outside. In the event of a bathroom emergency, it comes in handy. As it stands, I won’t have to break down the door in the event of an intruder breaking in.
An additional positive is the efficiency with which the turn-internal plate’s locking mechanism operates. The feel of its grip was more appealing to me than other options. In addition, I had no problems with the unlocking and locking process.
Another notable feature was its retractable door pull. Because of this, opening and closing sliding pocket doors was a breeze. In addition, its retractability ensures that the edge pull is never exposed.
Additionally, the satin pearl finish on this item adds a luxurious touch to any room. With a new pocket door, it looks great with this finish. The round pocket door lock, on the other hand, doesn’t look out of place on a more traditional door.
If you’re looking for a versatile option, this is a good option. Finding keyed pocket sliding door locks that work with a variety of decors and tastes isn’t always easy.
The screws included with this keyed pocket door lock were a bit of a pain to work with. Fortunately, I had a few spares around the house. If I hadn’t, I would have had to buy new ones.
- Resilient and curvy in design.
- Locking and unlocking the door from the outside
- The interior locking mechanism of the turn-plate is excellent.
- Retractable door handle for easy operation
- The satin pearl finish is versatile and easy to use.
- Installing screws of poor quality
- With a 60mm backset, it can fit into a standard 54mm door opening.
- Sliding door panels are recessed into the door cavity with a flush-fitting panel.
- Locked or unlocked from the outside using a key; locked or unlocked from the inside using a turn-plate.
- Retractable door handles are a big draw for the discerning homeowner.
- The most gorgeous pearlescent satin finish (Matte Silver)
10. Stone Harbor Pocket Door Keyed Lock
The 811-11P Pocket Door Lock by Stone Harbor Hardware is all about making things easy. This privacy pocket door latch doesn’t have any unique features or cutting-edge technology, but it does the job.
The latch face is a good example of this simplicity. For example, the latch face can be opened with a simple push of my finger. Using it as a pull handle, I can then easily close the door.
In addition to making their product simple, Stone Harbor Hardware also ensured that it was versatile. Using this adjustable latch, I was able to fit any standard pocket door’s thickness. My home’s pocket doors could have easily been fitted with this door handle.
Another nice feature of the lock was its large interface for unlocking and unlocking. It has a thumb turn that isn’t going to hurt anyone’s fingers. For the most part, I didn’t even have any issues with the size of my fingers.
Additionally, there are a few other notable aspects of this product that are worth noting. A few of the features include seven finishes, two backset sizes, and an easy-to-install process. The inclusion of each of these features makes it an excellent option for most homeowners.
However, there was a noticeable color discrepancy between the ad and the product itself. There were a few surprises when it came to my lock. A few other customers had also mentioned this problem, so I wasn’t the only one.
- Pull handle-capable latches with a simple latch face.
- Fits standard door thicknesses.
- Thumbs up for this one!
- Finishes come in seven varieties.
- Two different backspacing options are available.
- The setup process is simple.
- Color discrepancy between the product’s image and the real thing
- The interior rooms of a home are protected by privacy-style knobs and levers. The hardware can be locked and unlocked using a single button on the inside.
- Fits doors with a thickness ranging from 1 3/8″ to 1 3/4″
- Preparation of the door: 2 1/8-inch bore with 1″ x 2 1/4″ round corner latches.
- Stone Harbor Hardware products of the same finish match this item.
Emtek’s Pocket Door Lock Set is one of the more convenient options. As a single unit, it has a surface pull as well as an edge pull. Anyone who uses the lock will find it easier to operate this way.
The reversible feature of this device was also a plus for me. As with other products on this list, homeowners can easily use it for left- or right-handed doors. Adding this feature makes the product even more user-friendly.
In terms of materials, I’d like to point out that it’s made of long-lasting brass. It should be able to withstand regular use without breaking down. I put it on a pocket door in my bedroom and don’t see the need to replace it anytime soon. It looks great.
In addition, the product has a contemporary appearance that should fit in with the decor of most homes. Even in the bedroom of my house, it was able to accommodate the most outlandish design choices. There are times when I struggle to find locks and related devices that don’t conflict with each other in those circumstances.
The strike plate that came with the lock made installation a breeze. Setting it up on my bedroom’s pocket door was a cinch in the end.
The lock, on the other hand, is quite pricey. If I were trying to save money, I wouldn’t spend any money on this at all.
- Two surface pulls and one edge pull is included.
- Right or left-handed doors can be used.
- Brass construction is long-lasting.
- Gives off a fresh, contemporary vibe.
- A strike plate is included for easy installation.
- It’s not exactly a budget-friendly option.
- Construction of Solid Brass for Longevity
- Both Left and Right Handed
- Each of the 10 Available Finishes
- Contains a Privacy Mode.
- Preparation for a door
The Kwikset 93350-005 Pocket Door Lock has a rounded design that makes it a great choice for a variety of applications. As a result, homeowners avoid having to make new cuts in their doors during the installation process.
As a person who despises additional tasks, this one caught my eye. The fact that it only required a screwdriver to be installed didn’t hurt its case either. I was able to place it exactly where I needed it in my house with no problems.
In addition, the adjustable latch of this product is a big help. This feature makes it possible for the device to fit into any standard door frame, which reduces the overall maintenance burden. Therefore, most people will find it suitable for use as a bed/bathroom pocket door lock in their homes.
Another appealing feature was the antique nickel plating. It looks great with any of my pocket doors, and it’s easy to clean. Consequently, I was faced with the difficult decision of whether to use it as a bedroom, swinging or bath pocket door lock.
Kwikset also didn’t make things too difficult for themselves during the installation process. On the inside, it has a turn-piece locking mechanism. My pocket door could be locked or unlocked by simply gripping the turn piece and turning it.
People I know have a hard time turning these kinds of locks. My family and friends, on the other hand, had a lot of trouble with it. If you have weak fingers or other hand-related conditions, such as arthritis, the turn piece may not be the best option for you.
- Design with a rounded shape that can be adapted to different contexts
- A screwdriver is all that is needed for installation.
- The latch can be adjusted to suit your needs.
- Antique nickel has a wonderful look.
- A straightforward procedure for performing a task
- For people with hand conditions, it is difficult to turn.
- Door notch cutting is avoided because of the round design.
- A universal, height-adjustable latch is included.
- A 2 3/8-inch latch backset is included.
- The latch throw is 1/2 in.
- On the inside of the lock, there is a turn piece that engages the locking mechanism.
13. Emtek 2105 Pocket Door Keyed Lock
There will be no letup in this list with Emtek’s 2105-138-US15 Privacy Pocket Door Mortise Lock. It has one of the most comprehensive feature sets of any pocket door lock on the market today.
If you’re looking for something that’s both beautiful and functional, you can’t go wrong with this one. This lock looks like a piece of art and blends in well with the rest of my home’s decor. I’ve had a few visitors compliment it while they were here.
The smooth thumb turn on the lock was another appealing feature. It enhances the product’s sleek, contemporary design while making it easier to use. To open and close this opulent pocket door device, I doubt anyone will have any problems using it.
With the built-in handle, I didn’t have a problem sliding my pocket door. I had no complaints about how easy and comfortable it made the task. It’s yet another feature that makes the operation process more convenient and user-friendly.
Last but not least, I thought the built-in privacy feature was excellent. Because my dog kept trying to get into the bathroom when I locked the door, this kept him out of the bathroom I was saved from having to deal with a deluge of ripped-up toilet paper in my house.
To get your hands on a high-quality pocket door lock, you’ll have to dig deep into your wallet. It’s the priciest option on the table. Customers must decide if the included features are worth the extra money they’ll have to spend.
- Stylish design that complements the rest of the home’s decor.
- Shiny and sophisticated, satin nickel is the perfect finishing touch.
- Sleek, easy-to-use thumb control
- A convenient handle is integrated into the design for simplicity.
- Privacy features that work well
- An option with a higher cost
- Classic Pocket Door Lock in Mortise Style with a Locking Mechanism (Privacy)
- ONLY for doors with a thickness of 1-3/8 inches.
- Satin Nickel (US15) is a beautiful finish
- Lock the Door Without Having to Use a Key
- Designed for solid core doors, this brass construction is built to last.
Buying Pocket Door Keyed Lock: What to Consider
Choosing the best pocket door locks requires consideration of a number of important factors. There are many factors to consider, and this section will give you a sense of what they are. Make sure you don’t go into this search on your own without any help.
Types of Pocket Door Keyed Lock Mechanisms
Pocket door locks come in two varieties, round and square, and each buyer must be aware of this. When it comes to design and installation, the two options are vastly different. Prior to finding the ideal fit, you’ll need to determine whether you’re a square or around person.
The only caveat is that homeowners who want to install a new lock on an old door will need to match the current lock. It’s time to dig deeper into the various types and see where your preferences lie. Alternatively,
- Pocket Door Locks in Round Shape
In keeping with the circular theme, these pocket door locks have a keyhole. An essential piece of information, though not the most shocking one. A 2 1/8-inch diameter door hole is typical for the installation of these locks.
The latches of the lock will then slide into a separate hole with a diameter of about 1 inch. In terms of appearance, it’s very much like a traditional lockset.
In most cases, a 2 3/8-inch backset is required for a round pocket door lock. The distance from the door’s edge to the hole’s center is determined by this measurement. Another thing about these locks is that they’re very much like the old-fashioned ones.
However, some pocket door locks have backsets that can be adjusted. If you’re looking for a little more wiggle room, these additions could be useful. Honestly, it’ll save a ton of time and anxiety for everyone involved.
- Pocket Door Locks in Square Shape
A square pocket door lock will have a different design than a round one, as I mentioned earlier. Instead, a square will need to be cut out of the door to accommodate these locks. A single piece of the lock will slide into place and screw into the door’s body after the square section is removed from the door’s frame.
Some square locks can also be used with round holes, but this is not always the case. However, the inverse is not true, as round locksets will not fit into a door with a square lock that was originally installed there.
For the most part, interior doors are less thick than exterior doors. Pocket doors can be as thin as standard interior doors, in some cases. As a result, the thickness of your pocket door is the primary factor in determining which lock is best for you.
In order to avoid this, a buyer may purchase a pocket door option that is either too thin or thick. It turns out to be a waste of money, and nobody wants that.
There is some good news, however, when it comes to finding compatible locks and pocket door mechanisms. There are a variety of round pocket door locks that can be fitted to almost any interior door with relative ease. Your chosen lockset will fit snugly against the door once the bolts have been tightened.
Pocket door lock fans who prefer a square design are also catered to. Pocket locks with oversized edges that slide over the latch side of a door are a good fit for this method. An attractive appearance will be achieved and any unwanted imperfections will be concealed.
The Age of Door
The age of a door has an impact on which pocket door locks are best. Is this entire process going to be a lot easier? For example, an older door may require a lockset type that matches its original opening.
You cannot fit a round lock in a square hole. After all, there won’t be any pocket door hardware lockset materials available to make it work properly. However, there may be a way to convert a square door into a round-hole pocket door. A little extra effort will suffice.
When it comes to purchasing a new door lock, it’s all up to you. Round or square door locks will meet your requirements without difficulty. It’ll all come down to personal preference and style when it comes to picking the right type.
High-quality pocket door locks will last a long time and remain stable. You don’t want to have to replace these locks every few months or years. Consider stainless steel or titanium door locks for heavy-duty pocket door hardware options.
To put it another way, don’t just go with the cheapest option because it’s cheaper. For the money, stainless steel hardware or a similar material is preferable. It will save you money in the long run because you won’t have to replace it as often.
The Finish of a Pocket Door Keyed Lock
You can transform the look and feel of a home with the right pocket door. No matter how old or new these doors are, they still have an enormous impact. When it comes to pocket door locks, choosing the right finish is critical.
They come in a wide range of colors and styles. Almost every customer’s space and taste can be easily accommodated by brands using this simple strategy. Stainless steel or satin chrome would be good choices for a contemporary home.
The stainless steel pocket door lock would fit better in this situation than an aged finish. However, an aged finish is better suited to an older pocket door in order to preserve its uniqueness. Older or swinging doors may not be suited to a stainless steel finish.
Vintage or antique brass locks can also be found that can be used in both situations. Finding a finish that goes well with the decor of your house is the most important consideration.
Affordability of Setup Pocket Door Keyed Lock
The installation process for each pocket door lock should be thoroughly researched by buyers. Step-by-step instructions are usually included in the product description. Once you’ve read them, you’ll be able to tell if it’s something you’re comfortable with.
This problem can be solved with the help of other customers’ experiences. See how others feel about the installation process by reading some reviews. These resources should give you a good idea of the difficulty level of the task at hand.
Assembling a Pocket Door Keyed Lock
Pocket door locks with a latching mechanism rather than a locking one tend to be the most effective.. In latching locksets, the mechanism includes hooks that are designed to latch onto the strike in a door jamb.
Traditional deadbolt latches will be found on other pocket door locks. The only difference is that these options use spring-loaded hooks to pop and secure their door. Another popular choice is a set with keyless locks, which resembles those found in bathrooms and bedrooms.
You should be aware that there are keyed pocket door lock models available. Locking mechanisms for pocket doors, on the other hand, are a little more rare than standard latching options. Due to the fact that most of these doors do not cover areas requiring top-notch security, such as the front door, they are not as effective.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock Manufacturer
Investing in a high-quality pocket door lock is a critical part of this process. The product could fail to meet your expectations or be defective if you don’t do so. Avoid these outcomes by thoroughly researching each option.
To get you started, I’ve already mentioned the brands in our product reviews. Their reputation for producing high-quality locks is well-known among homeowners. No problems are expected if homeowners stick with the plan they’ve agreed to.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock Cost
When shopping for a specific product, price is always a factor. When it comes to pocket door locks, the price can vary greatly. A budget tailored to your specific requirements as a customer is therefore absolutely necessary.
With a magnetic door lock, for example, the price is much higher. However, those who prefer a more aged look can get away with a lower price. It’s important to pay attention to the tiniest details when determining your final budget.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock FAQs
A good idea of what’s out there should have been provided by our product reviews and buying guide As a matter of fact, the following questions will shed some light on this search. It’s up to you to help narrow this down to a single-pocket door lock.
For Pocket Door Keyed Lock, What Is the Best Material?
Pocket door latches and locks should be made of stainless steel, according to most experts. It is lauded for its reliability, durability, and attractive appearance. A stainless steel pocket door lock provides a homeowner with a level of security that other materials simply cannot match.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock Can Be Locked?
This article wouldn’t make much sense if you couldn’t lock a pocket door. Pocket door locks do exist, and when used correctly, they can be very effective. The actual installation procedure will vary depending on the type of lock you’re using:
Pocket Door Locks in Round Shape:
- Make the necessary marks on your door using the template provided.
- A 2 1/8-inch hole saw can be used to begin drilling in accordance with the template.
- Drill a 1-inch hole from the latch side of the door with a 1-inch hole saw.
- The latch of the lockset should be slid into place.
- Both sides of the lock should be positioned on the door, aligning with the latch.
- Your door’s lockset screws should be tightened.
The Square Pocket Door Locks: :
- Take advantage of the included template to ensure that your doors are cut to the correct dimensions.
- Using a handsaw or jigsaw, cut the door in accordance with the markings on the surface.
- Drill holes for the screws into your door.
- Take care to fit your new lock into the cutout.
- Both sides of the lock should be screwed into the door.
Sliding Pocket Door Keyed Lock Instructions?
Purchase a sliding door lock that comes with a pull or pocket door handle and follow the instructions that come with it. You should be able to figure it out without too much difficulty, but if you get stuck, I recommend searching YouTube. It’s important to have a video showing you how to properly install your lock.
How do you lock a Pocket Door Keyed Lock from the inside and the outside at the same time?
It’s necessary to have keyways on both sides of a lockable pocket door lock in order to secure a door from both sides. After that, it’s just a matter of inserting and rotating the key.
From the outside, how do I open a lock on a Pocket Door Keyed Lock?
You’ll need a screwdriver if you want to unlock a pocket door lock from the outside. When you remove the screw in the lock’s center, you’ll be done. Using a screwdriver, fully retract the latch after removing the metal plate. Afterward, it should open without a hitch.
Locking A Pocket Door Keyed Lock Without a Lock Isn’t Easy.?
Using a door security bar is the simplest way to secure a pocket door without a lock. Makes it more difficult for unwanted visitors to get through a pocket door, both visually and physically.
Pocket Door Keyed Lock Final Verdict
There should be enough information in our article about pocket door locks to help you make an informed decision. Once you’ve made the right choice, you can rest assured that your door will be safe and secure. The problem is that these processes don’t always go according to plan.
Please check our recommendations below: