Gate Locks Home Depot – Looking for the best home gate locks? No matter what you’re working on, you can rely on our in-depth guide to get the job done. With our expertise, we selected the best smart lock, best deadbolt home depot, ring doorbell home depot, smart lock for sliding door, RFID door lock, and fingerprint smart lock to fit your needs. This is just the beginning of the story.
The land was originally divided using fences as a boundary marker. In their earliest form, they were just posts surrounded by three pieces of wood. Those are probably familiar to anyone who has driven through the countryside. With a rope or some other implement, they were unable to secure their gate.
A few things to keep in mind as you shop for your gate locks home depot include the following considerations:
- The level of protection you are seeking
- compatibility with the gate type
- The Step-by-Step Guide to Installing a gate lock
- Safety for children and pets is essential.
- An easy-to-use lock is a must-have if you frequently open and close your gate.
- The GATE LOCK RATINGS
As you can see from the diagram, there are a plethora of locks to consider. Because of this, the following reviews of each lock will help you make a more informed decision.
First and foremost, we’re big fans of ABUS locks here, so that’s not a secret. This is why you should go with ABUS if you want the most reliable padlock for your fence gate.
Consider the ABUS security scale if you decide to use a lock that is not included in this list of ABUS locks.
Type of Gate locks Home Depot
The following is a list of the different kinds of gate locks you can get:
- Padlocks that can withstand the elements
- Push-Button Mechanism
- The Latch Has to Be Keyed
- Locks That Require a Combination
- smart locks with biometric access
If you’ve noticed, there are a variety of gate locks to choose from. This was done on purpose. Please feel free to scroll down to see which locks from the table above are most interesting to you.
Best Keyless & Conventional Gate Locks Home Depot
1. Yardlock Keyless Gate locks Home Depot
The Yardlock is the most popular and convenient lock on this list. With its quick keyless entry, this lock provides the best of both worlds: ease of use and security. In the first place, you’ll appreciate how simple and convenient it is to operate your gate with just one hand.
Secondly, with up to 10,000 possible combinations, the 4-digit combination lock is more than secure enough.
There is no visible latch on the front of the Yardlock Gate lock because it has a latch that is located inside of the fence. The outside of the box has a combination that is attached to a post with screws. It’s possible to enter your own backyard by using a combination that releases a cable and a latch inside the gate when you’re standing outside.
Lock the gate by closing the box, rejumbling the combination, and latching the resets. On the inside, you press the release button, and the latch comes down, allowing you to exit. Additionally, a shroud is included to keep the latch from being unlocked from outside the fence.
Last but not least, the Yardlock is simple to set up and ready for use in all kinds of weather. In addition, you’ll appreciate the sliding cover that shields the combination dial.
- All-weather operation with no rust
- Thousands of combinations are possible.
- You are in control of your own height.
- Has two ways to open
- With no reliance on power sources like batteries or electronics
- Locks on its own
- A good choice for wooden and double-gated applications
- Not the safest choice.
- It may not be able to withstand the test of time.
- It can be difficult to read the numbers.
2. ABUS KA Granit Gate locks Home Depot
ABUS’ Granit padlock is the best choice for those who enjoy rocking out. This lock is unlike any other on the market in that it provides total security from all angles. Anti-pick resistance, protection from brute force attacks, and corrosion resistance are all included in this model.
Additionally, the ABUS Plus disc cylinder found in the Granit collection is buttery smooth to use and provides maximum security. Finally, the 2′′ shackle on the model 37/55MB50 KA is why we chose it over other Granit models because it gives you more clearance to work with.
Therefore, you should be able to use any type of gate (perhaps with a chain) to achieve maximum security for your valuables.
- The utmost in safety
- No one but the most experienced lockpickers will be able to pick it.
- The extra-tough black Granit coating is ready for outdoor use in any weather condition.
- Various applications benefit from the 2′′ shackle length.
- There is no need to install anything.
- Our most popular choice for protecting high-value items.
- Don’t lose your keys; they’re expensive and difficult to replace.
- In excess of what most people require.
- For some applications, the shackle diameter is too large.
3. Mighty Mule Automatic Gate locks Home Depot
With the FM143 Automatic Gate Lock, Mighty Mule gate opener owners can enhance their security. The FM143 has a maximum pull strength of 2,500 lbs, making it a strong contender for the job.
For the DIYer, Mighty Mule built this lock so that they don’t have to pay an expensive installation fee. In other words, you’ll be able to integrate it into your current setup with ease.
The FM143 is compatible with both single and double gates, and it automatically locks and unlocks when the gate is opened and closed. This lock is best suited for use on wrought iron driveway gates and other similar structures, rather than on fences or garden gates.
- Single and double gates are supported.
- Make your Mighty Mule gate opener even more secure in a matter of minutes
- When the gate is closed, there is no wiggle room.
- An easy-to-follow installation process for the do-it-yourselfer
- A one-year guarantee
- Some gates can’t handle the weight.
- Additional hardware may be required for the installation to be successful.
- After the gate is installed, it may take longer to open.
4. National Hardware Automatic Gate locks Home Depot
Using National Hardware’s LokkLatch Deluxe, you’ll be able to keep your fence or pool gate safe and sound. When it comes to gate locks, this one will do the trick for your backyard fence entrance.
A square post in wood or metal can be used with this gate lock. It has a 6-pin rekeyable cylinder on both sides. This means you can use the same key to open the lock as you would for any other. The key can be used from the outside or the inside to open the lock. You’ll need the key if you’re in the backyard and want to open the gate.
Because it’s made of engineered polymer and stainless steel, it has a lifetime warranty. If the fence or post sags or warps over time, the lock’s housing can be adjusted horizontally or vertically so that the lock latches. Despite having been unlocked with a key, it will continue to latch. The latch lever can then be flipped to unlock the door.
To begin, the LokkLatch utilizes a key, as opposed to the YARDLOCK. As a bonus, the lock has a keyhole on both sides, which means you can secure the door from either side.
This is followed by a simple adjustment to the lock height, which can be done for wood, metal, or vinyl gates. There is no chance of rust or staining on your gate because of the lock’s polymer housing, which is extremely durable.
On the inside portion of the lock, we particularly like its latch, which has a push-button to open it. As an added bonus, LokkLatch Deluxe is covered by a lifetime warranty from a reputable manufacturer.
- The ability to adjust the height.
- Designed for use with wooden, metal, and vinyl gate systems.
- Polymer and stainless steel construction to keep rust at bay
- Guaranteed for life
- Both sides have locks.
- Lock that can be rekeyed
- It isn’t difficult to choose from.
- It’s difficult to follow the installation instructions.
- Compared to other options, it is easier to open.
5. Code-a-Key All-Weather Gate locks Home Depot
A mechanical lock is an excellent choice for outdoor gates because of its ease of use and low cost. If you don’t want to rely on a power source to operate this lock, then that’s a big plus.
Another benefit of this lock is that it locks automatically when it is closed, making it ideal for homes with pool gates and young children.
The lock can only be programmed with a unique code that you create for both sides of the lock. Using the same code for both sides or creating a unique code for each side is possible.
It’s much more difficult to remove the lock with force once it’s installed because there are no lock cylinders to pick. In terms of security, this lock is superior to the LokkLatch, a keyed latching gate lock.
- You can’t mess with the keyholes.
- Set up separate codes for each side.
- The order in which the codes are entered is not restricted.
- Instead of relying on a battery,
- When the gate is closed, it locks itself.
- Lock that can be rekeyed
- Prevents unlocking by reaching through the door.
- Appearance is sleek
- The lock must be removed before the new code can be entered.
- Remembering the code is essential because there is no backup.
- Getting started can be a challenge for those who aren’t familiar with the process.
6. Seco Larm Gate locks Home Depot
For those who value convenience and the ability to unlock their gates from afar, an electromagnetic lock is the best option. This type of lock, however, is not designed for the DIY enthusiast. Unless you’re a whiz at installing electrical components, you’ll probably want to hire a professional.
The Enforcer can be used with either sliding or swinging gates, depending on your preference. The magnets alone provide 1200 pounds of holding power after installation. Additionally, an electromagnetic lock has one of the most aesthetically pleasing designs of any gate lock.
When it comes to residential gate applications, always opt for an electromagnetic lock like Seco-Enforcer. Larm’s Because of the fail-safe feature, in the event of a power outage, your gate will automatically unlock for your safety.
- Steel construction that is resistant to corrosion
- The remote control is possible.
- a holding force of 12000 lbs
- Sliding and swinging gates are both supported.
- There is no need to memorize or program any codes or keys.
- Design for safety with fail-safes
- To customize the installation, additional components are needed.
- Installation by a professional is almost certainly necessary.
- Maintaining security necessitates a continuous power supply.
7. MagnaLatch Vertical Pull Gate locks Home Depot
One of the best gate locks for families with young children is the MagnaLatch. Adults can easily operate the vertical pull design, which is out of the reach of children and pets. You can also use the MagnaLatch if you have a gate that is too short for your children to reach.
The MagnaLatch is made of marine-grade stainless steel and polymer that can withstand any weather conditions. When you’re away from home, you can rest easy knowing that the MagnaLatch features a re-keyable locking cylinder.
In the end, this gate lock is ideal for families looking for a gate lock that is easy to use and safe for their children and pets.
- Adults can easily access it, while children and pets cannot.
- One of the most convenient gate locks for swimming pools and gardens.
- a magnetic locking mechanism built into the system
- Steel made of military-grade stainless steel that isn’t subject to corrosion.
- Priority was given to safety over security.
- This is not the most user-friendly design (can be problematic for people who regularly host guests)
8. LokkLatch V6201 Automatic Gate locks Home Depot
It’s a great alternative to the LokkLatch Deluxe if you don’t want to pay the hefty price tag. As compared to the Deluxe version, the LokkLatch is a little less robust.
If you’re looking for a low-key gate lock for your backyard fence or pool gate, this is a great option. The LokkLatch standard only locks from the inside, which is an important distinction to remember when comparing it to the Deluxe model. In addition, there is no button for accessing the system.
If you need access from both sides of your gate, the Deluxe version of this lock or another option in this guide may be a better fit for your needs.
- It’s one of the simplest to set up.
- It’s less expensive than the Deluxe model.
- Compatibility is improved with vertical and horizontal adjustments
- It’s made of the same weatherproof materials as the Deluxe model.
- An excellent option for small pipe gates
- Minimal safety measures
- There is only one keyhole on this side.
- There isn’t any push button.
9. Abus Chrome Combination Gate locks Home Depot
Let us now return to the subject of padlocks. The 160/40 combination lock from ABUS is ideal for use on fence gates. Resettable combination dial makes this lock better than most common padlocks and Granit locks. Furthermore, you can rest assured that, for the price, you’re getting a quality lock from ABUS.
Unlike low-cost padlocks that are easy to pick, this lock will keep your valuables safe from being pried open, cut, pulled, or drilled. The internal and external steel construction of this lock ensures smooth operation as well as excellent corrosion resistance.
Finally, you’ll notice that the 160/40 C has a wider distance below the shackle to make it almost universal. This weatherproof padlock is an excellent choice for securing gates that are rarely used.
- ABUS Granit padlocks are more expensive than these.
- Stanley and Master Lock padlocks aren’t nearly as safe as these.
- Designed to withstand all weather conditions.
- Additional shackle clearance for better compatibility with existing systems
- Effortless one-handed operation
- Slower to unlock than most other gate locks.
- only 3 digits combination
10. Master Lock Padlock Gate locks Home Depot
It’s built to withstand the weather better than other Master Lock models, which is why we like this lock. Additionally, the extra length provided by the long shackle allows you to create more creative gate designs.
Third, the boron-carbide shackle is more resistant to cutting attacks than a standard hardened steel Master Lock shackle. It is octagonal.
Finally, a 2-pack of keyed alike padlocks is available if you only need two. For the price, this is one of the best Master Lock padlocks available.
- Enough protection from the elements.
- Keyed alike sets of two are available.
- Enhanced resistance to being cut (hard to cut with bolt cutters)
- An extended shackle
- Not as safe and easy to use as ABUS, unfortunately.
- In moist environments, rust can form over time.
11. MEGAFEIS Smart Lock Gate locks Home Depot
The MEGAFEIS biometric padlock is a good option for those on a budget. While the other locks on this list don’t have this feature, this one does. Consider the fact that a biometric lock in this price range will not work perfectly.
This is a good padlock for people who want to upgrade their gate lock to a smart lock with the right expectations. In addition to biometric access, Bluetooth functionality allows you to operate the lock via your smartphone.
This device is weather-resistant thanks to its IP65 rating and its 6-month standby battery life. For emergencies, you can simply plug the lock into a USB power supply to keep it working.
- The quickest route to your destination (no keys or combinations required)
- Use of an app and Bluetooth connectivity
- In the app, you can monitor your open rates.
- Its weatherproof rating of IP65 makes it an excellent gate lock.
- Between charges, the battery lasts a long time
- Override and backup keys are unavailable.
- Cannot read in wet fingers
- According to other padlocks, it provides little protection.
12. Keystone Black Zinc Gate locks Home Depot
Despite its zinc diecast metal construction, the Keystone is susceptible to corrosion. There are four keys that come with the latch; it can be keyed in the same way as a five-pin house key. With this product, you can use it on any type of gate. A gap of 1 inch is ideal for this outside gate latch, which can be used on gates with a gap of 1/2 inch to 1-3/4 inch wide. Gate posts up to 5 inches wide will fit.
Since this lock comes with a template for the correct placement of holes, it is easier to install than other fencing gate locks Although an adapter or round posts can be purchased separately, this works best with square posts and gates.
- Heavy-duty diecast metal two-sided gravity latch | Gate gap: 1/2 inch to 1-3/4 inch; 1 inch is ideal | Fits gate frames up to 5 inches | Gate frames and posts must be square | Fasteners included
- Vinyl, wood, or metal gates can be used with this device; it comes with a plastic template for installation and locks and unlocks from either side.
- Designed to prevent jamming and sticking, the Keystone 2-sided latch is made of zinc diecast metal and will not rust or corrode.
- KLADV-M2-BK-KA is the part number for a Keystone Latch with a simple, traditional design that is UV resistant and built to last over 1 million cycles.
- It’s possible to rekey the Keystone Latch to match a 5-pin house key if you purchase multiple of the latches at the same time; instructions are included.
Gate locks Home Depot Final Verdict
Taking these factors into consideration will help you make a more informed decision about which lock is best for your needs. After a little brainstorming, you’ll be able to make an informed decision in no time.
There are a number of other gate latches that can be purchased. Ones with a latch and a hole for a padlock, for example. Outside gate locks, on the other hand, provide significantly more protection. If the gate begins to sag, the latches with padlocks are also inflexible.
And if you lose or forget to replace the padlock, the gate is no longer secure. In order to latch, I had to push the gate up when it started sagging. In order to accommodate the bolt, the escutcheons of all of the above locks are adjustable in both directions, either vertically or horizontally.