Lockly Secure Pro Review: Fingerprint Smart Lock
Lockly Secure Pro Review – However, Lockly Secure Pro is not an entirely new invention. Instead, the Lockly Secure Plus Link WiFi Hub is included with the existing Lockly Secure Plus hardware, allowing you to wirelessly connect the lock to your home network. Instead of paying $300 (or $330 for the Latch model that replaces your entry handset) for the bundle if you already have a Lockly Secure Plus lock, you can purchase the Secure Link WiFi Hub separately for $80. If you buy the lock and hub together, you’ll save $30 over buying them separately. So that I could test with the same Secure Plus hardware from my previous review, Lockly only sent me the WiFi Hub for this story.
However, the Secure Link WiFi Hub is much easier to set up than the hardware lock. Lockly’s app and full-color, printed manual both have clear enough instructions to make the process simple. In order to use the hub, you must have a thumb drive-sized USB device, as well as a USB wall wart. Connecting these two items is as simple as combining them and plugging them into an AC outlet. However, keep in mind that the plug must be within 10 feet of the lock in order for this to work, which could pose a problem for houses without nearby outlets.
Lockly Secure Pro – Features
- Fits most standard doors up to 2 inches thick (35 millimeters) and with a thickness of 1-3/8 inches or 2-3/4 inches (60 millimeters) (70mm). The lock is made of zinc alloy and has a satin finish to keep it resistant to rust and corrosion.
- In just 0.5 seconds, LOCKLY Smart Lock can recognize your fingerprint door and unlock your door in just one second. Fumbling for your keys is much more tedious than using this method.
- It’s nearly impossible to guess your personal access code when you’re using the secure, backlit keypad with the patented PIN Genie technology, thanks to which your PIN number is constantly shuffled.
- With the free LOCKLY phone app, you can lock/unlock any location remotely, and keep track of who has entered and when, all from your smartphone. Share your ekey or code with your family, guests, or service providers to give them access for a set amount of time, such as a weekend or a holiday.
- Mechanical and finish warranties are restricted to five years, while electronic warranties are limited to two years, and lifetime technical support is provided as standard.
Secure Lux, Secure Plus, and Secure Pro smart locks are the latest from this Silicon Valley-based technology company. Six door access channels include a patented digital keypad, 3D fingerprint, mobile app, integration with Amazon Alexa and Google Home voice assistants, and RFID card.
Lee Zheng, Lockly’s founder and CEO, says the brand’s designs feature more than 30 patent technologies from around the world. Locks are equipped with the world’s first patented peek-proof keypad powered by an advanced algorithm that is activated by four buttons, each containing a set of three numbers that randomly reshuffle after each use,” he added. By preventing your access code from being revealed or spied on, this provides the highest level of privacy, security, and convenience.”
Lockly Secure Pro – Last Verdict
In the end, despite the fact that Lockly’s security is excellent and the addition of Wi-Fi features is a plus, Lockly remains difficult to recommend unreservedly because it is so difficult to install and adds an additional $50 to the kit’s price. I’m also not a fan of the WiFi Hub’s hardware design, both from a visual standpoint and because I’m concerned that it might be too easy to remove from the socket (or that someone would try to use it to charge their phone).
This lock’s biometric features, however, make it the best option if you find them appealing. If that’s the case, then the Lockly Pro might be worth the price and the hassle.
Thanks For Reading Lockly Secure Pro Review: Fingerprint Smart Lock, Please Check Our Recommendation Below:
Lockly Secure Pro
This lock's biometric features, however, make it the best option if you find them appealing. If that's the case, then the Lockly Pro might be worth the price and the hassle.