Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt w/ Trim
The Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt with Trim is the perfect smart door lock for any home. Schlage, a company that has been manufacturing locks since 1859, brings their newest technology to your front door. Schlage’s newest product allows you to connect your deadbolt with Schlage Sense via an app on your phone or tablet and gives you control of who enters through your doors. With Schlage Sense, you can set up automatic lock times for certain days and also receive notifications when someone unlocks the door using an old-fashioned keyhole on the outside of the house.
Schlage also offers a Schlage Encode Wi-Fi adapter which plugs into any standard outlet and gives you the ability to connect your deadbolt to the internet. This Schlage smart lock is perfect for anyone looking for an easy, user-friendly way to upgrade their home security.
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Installation Process
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Schlage’s best smart lock yet, Schlage Encode is the smartest deadbolt Schlage has ever made. It offers multiple different methods of unlocking for ultimate security and convenience – like not needing a key to get in the door when you’re running late, or letting your dog outside without giving them access to your home. With this Schlage Wi-fi deadbolt installation guidance,
learn how easy it is to install following these simple steps.
What You Need Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt (of course) Phillips head screwdriver Drill level Chisel Hammer drill bit Crescent wrench or pliers Steps:
- First, remove the screws on the front of the door using a Phillips head screwdriver. If your door has a trim piece around it, remove that as well using a chisel and hammer.
- Next, use a drill level to mark the height of the Schlage on the door. Drill two pilot holes at this height and then remove the Schlage deadbolt from its packaging.
- Using the included template, place the Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt in its mounting location. You may need to hold the Schlage deadbolt up against the door and mark where drill holes are needed on your door with a marker before removing it from this area if you’ve already drilled the pilot holes.
- Drill one hole at each of these locations using a drill bit sized for your Schlage deadbolt screws. Put the Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt back in the door and use the included mounting hardware to secure it into place.
- Replace your trim piece or kickplate if applicable, then reinsert any other screws you removed during installation (like for your trim), put your key in, turn it, and you’re done! Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt is now installed on your door.
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Pricing
An innovative new smart door lock, Encode ($229) is Schlage’s first Wi-Fi lock that can be accessed remotely without a hub. The Encode is a simple-to-use mobile app that makes scheduling and programming a breeze, and it can be managed by Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant voice queries. August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, our Editors’ Choice, is a quiet and well-performing lock, but it doesn’t support Apple HomeKit or IFTTT.
Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt: Design & Features
Schlage’s newest, most advanced lock today. Advanced features that help protect your home and family. The Schlage Encode Smart wi-fi dead bolt’s latest innovation is it’s Schlage Sense feature, which can sense movement in your home two times per minute. It also offers the Schlage Connect Friends & Family program for you to share access with friends, family or housekeeping services without needing to give them a physical key. These are just some of the reasons that Schlages smart wi-fi dead bolt has earned all five stars on Amazon with over four hundred reviews!
The lock uses an infinite number of security codes so no one else could ever use your key opening this door. Schlage has also created a mobile app for Schlage Sense so you can check the battery life and manage access from your phone. You can even create temporary eKeys or permanent ones to be shared with friends, family members and housekeeping services.
Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt Features:
Schlage Sense – senses movement in your home and automatically locks/unlocks Schlage Connect Friends & Family – share eKeys with friends, family members and housekeeping services Schlage Mobile App – check battery life and manage access Schlage Key Cylinder
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Specifications: Exterior Width: 15.75″ | Exterior Height: 11.38″
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Schlage Sense is compatible with iPhone and Android devices using Bluetooth low energy (BLE). Schlage Connect Friends & Family works on both iOS or Android smartphones, tablets, watches and Schlage’s new keypad accessory called Schlage Sense+. Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt Schlage’s Schlage Connect Friends & Family program offers a unique eKey sharing feature for families and friends. Schlage’s app makes it easy to share access with family members, housekeepers or anyone you choose.
Schlage Encode Smart Deadbolt Final Thoughts
You can lock and unlock your door using your Android or iOS phone and the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt smart lock. User codes and access schedules can be created quickly and easily using the Schlage Home app, and it worked well during testing. As well as Alexa and Google voice controls, the Encode may be locked or unlocked via Amazon Key and Ring doorbells and cameras, as well as in-home deliveries.
Apple’s HomeKit platform and IFTTT applets are not supported, though. For this, you’ll need the August Smart Lock Pro + Connect, which comes with a tiny plug-in WiFi bridge, Bluetooth and Z-Wave radios, and Alexa, Google, and Siri voice commands; it also has a small plug-in Wi-Fi bridge.
Thank you for reading. Please check our recommendation below :
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt
You can lock and unlock your door using your Android or iOS phone and the Schlage Encode Smart WiFi Deadbolt smart lock.
- Easy to install.
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Amazon Key, and Google Assistant.
- Integrates with Ring devices.
- Multiple scheduling options.
- Doesn't support HomeKit or IFTTT.
Schlage Encode Smart Wi-Fi Deadbolt