Ring Compatible Door Lock – Smart locks are a great way to keep intruders out of your home while still allowing you and your family easy access.
You’ll never have to be concerned about misplacing your keys again, thanks to the ability to lock and unlock the door with a number of different passcodes and even from a distance. If you’ve got a Ring Doorbell, you’ll be able to see who’s coming and going right from the Ring app.
There are a number of smart locks on the market, but the Ring Alarm Security system is the most comprehensive and cost-effective.
In order to prevent you from forgetting to activate your system before leaving for work, it works by disarming your system as soon as the door is unlocked and reactivating it when you return.
An additional layer of security is provided by the Ring Alarm System. Yes, you can lock and unlock your door using the Ring app when the system detects movement. You’ll receive notifications when your door is locked or unlocked.
Ring-compatible smart door locks must be installed in order for this to work, as we’ve discussed in this article.
What Is the Ring Compatible Door Lock Alarm?
The Ring Alarm is a self-install home security system that includes everything you need to get started. Any apartment or home can benefit from this system. The Ring App puts your entire security system at your fingertips. As a result, you have total command over the safety of your home.
Features of the Ring Alarm
The Ring App is all that is required to use the security kit’s applications. In order to use these applications you must first complete the installation procedure, which is designed to be extremely simple and does not require the assistance of a professional.
The heart of the Ring Alarm security system, this device serves as a hub for all of the Ring Alarm devices and transmits data to the Ring Alarm app. The base station’s siren is yet another feature found on-board. The Z-Wave door lock can be used in conjunction with the Ring Alarm Base Station.
Using a keypad, you can control the entire security system from the comfort of your own home. You can check the system’s status and arm and disarm it using this gadget.
This is the sensor that can be used as a door or window sensor. Windows and doors are monitored by a contact sensor.
All of the rooms or areas in which the device is situated can be monitored for movement. Any movement within a 90-degree radius can be detected by this motion sensor’s passive infrared sensor (PIR).
Extending the Range
The Ring Alarm Z-Wave mesh networking system, which amplifies the signal from the base station, is strengthened by the range extender’s technology. Devices can be placed farther away from the base station by using a range extender, however. As a result, a larger area can be covered.
What is Ring Doorbell?
Making your house smarter has never been easier thanks to the Ring Doorbell. Individuals can arm their homes and properties in a variety of ways thanks to the constant advancement of technology. A Ring Doorbell is one of these methods of securing a property. When you use the Ring Doorbell, you can see who is at your door without having to be there yourself.
Ring Compatible Door Lock: What You Need to Know
In order to communicate with anyone who comes to your door, you must install the Ring Doorbell security kit and download its accompanying app. Many features come standard with the Ring Doorbell. Among them:
A camera was included in the design so that you can see any visitors from the app. As a result, you learn who is coming to your property and why. In addition, this HD camera has night vision, allowing you to see any intruders who may be lurking in the shadows.
Detection of movement.
The motion sensors in the Ring Doorbell are an integral part of the design. They alert you if anyone is wandering around your property.
Audio With Two Directions
It is important for Ring customers to know that they are safe and secure with the company’s slogan, “With Ring, you’re always home.” This slogan is reinforced by the inclusion of two-way audio capabilities. The Ring Doorbell isn’t just a way to see who’s at the door. You can also use the Ring app to communicate with them.
Using a mobile device to access
If you have the Ring app installed on your phone, you’ll be able to see and talk to anyone who comes to your front door. It’s also possible to do this from wherever you are in the world. You can feel at home even if you aren’t actually at home.
What Are the Benefits of Using the Ring Doorbell and Alarm?
Ring Alarm has a slew of advantages that make it an excellent choice. Some of these benefits include:
- You don’t need to hire a professional to install it.
- There is an option for self-monitoring.
- There is no need for a contract.
- When compared to other brands, this type of monitoring is incredibly affordable.
- The system is compatible with both Z-Wave and Alexa-enabled devices.
What Are the Benefits of Connecting Your Ring Doorbell and Alarm to Your Smart Locks or Ring Compatible Door Lock
It’s a good idea to connect your Ring Alarm to your smart lock, as it expands your ‘ring of security.’ The Ring app allows you to lock and unlock all of your doors with smart locks once they’ve been installed and configured correctly. When you arrive or leave your home, you can simply lock or unlock your smart lock door to activate or deactivate your Ring Alarm.
With this automatic arming feature, you don’t have to go through the tedious process of manually arming your alarm. When you lock your house, you’ve completed all of the necessary steps to secure the property.
As a result, this feature is particularly useful for people who are prone to forgetting to set their alarms. If the smart lock and Ring Alarm are linked, the owner won’t have to worry about their carelessness jeopardizing the property’s safety again. Not to mention that the disarming feature on the lock disarms the Ring Alarm as soon as you arrive at the property, reducing the number of false alarms.
When it comes to Ring Compatible Door Lock, what are the best options?
Smart locks that can be controlled via Z-Wave or WIFI and are compatible with Ring are listed below. Z-Wave technology is present in most of these smart locks, allowing for this integration. When it comes to the best smart doorbell locks, these must be integrated with a WIFI door lock using an Amazon Key if you don’t already have a Ring Alarm installed in your house. In terms of Ring-enabled door locks, these are the best ones available:
Locks manufactured by Schlage are known to be among the best and safest on the market. Schlage is the only manufacturer of a smart lock that works with Ring and is BHMA/ANSI Grade 1 certified, among the other brands. This is the highest possible residential rating for a deadbolt, which is why it is so highly sought after.
There’s also an alarm built into the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt, making it even more secure. That’s why it is possible to set the alarm on your Schlage Connect Deadbolt so that it sounds an alert whenever the door is opened or closed. Emergency alarms are activated when the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt senses excessive door vibrations or tampering when someone is breaking in.
For the outdoor keypad of the Schlage Connect Smart Deadbolt door lock, a touchscreen with fingerprint-resistant features has been designed. Therefore, fingerprints on the touchscreen should not be visible so that other people can examine the keypad to see the standard numbers pressed. The touchscreen’s pressure-sensitive feature makes it possible to use the touchpad while wearing gloves.
The Schlage Connect Deadbolt’s use of Z-Wave technology makes it possible to link the door lock with the Ring Alarm. Having Ring Alarm and Schlage Connect Deadbolt work together is a great way to make your home more secure.
- Lock and unlock your home from anywhere with a Z Wave smart home or security systems, such as Samsung SmartThings or Ring Alarm.
- For hands-free voice control, you’ll need an Alexa device or a Z Wave smart home system (sold separately)
- The unique Snap ‘n Stay technology snaps the deadbolt onto the door so that both hands can be free during installation; this makes the installation process much easier.
- Instead of keeping track of spare keys, use the fingerprint-resistant touchscreen to share up to 30 access codes.
- 1 key is included in the 5-pin tumbler C Keyway keying.
- A battery low indicator and a spare key are included in this set.
- Inside and outside escutcheon temperatures range from -10°C to 49°C.
Smart locks and Z-Wave plus technology from Kwikset are among the company’s most popular products. Users can re-key the smart lock to match existing Kwikset locks that are already installed in the smart home or regular home using Kwikset Smartkey technology. Kwikset is a great option if you want to use the same house key for all of the door locks in your regular or smart home because of this feature.
Designed with a 10-digit code, the Kwikset SmartCode 914 Smart Lock deadbolt is capable of unlocking both a traditional and smart home. When using the keypad while wearing gloves, the regular keys on the keypad make it more convenient. Fingerprints left on a device that uses a keypad can’t reveal the numbers that are frequently pressed. A keypad, on the other hand, is regarded as more reliable than a touchscreen. Backlit buttons on the keypad of the Kwikset SmartCode 914 smart lock deadbolt make it possible for users to see the keypad’s numbers even in the dark.
The Kwikset SmartCode deadlock can be managed in the Ring app, just like most other smart locks. When the Z-Wave plus feature of the Kwikset SmartCode smart lock deadbolt is used in conjunction with Ring Alarm, this feature becomes available for use. To manage access codes, control locking systems, and review usage history, you must first complete this Z-Wave plus integration process. In order to protect your Kwikset SmartCode door lock deadbolt, you can set up as many as 30 different access codes using the Ring Alarm.
The Kwikset 914 SmartCode smart lock deadbolt is ANSI/BHMA grade 2 certified. This is a one-to-three scale, with one being the highest possible score. The Schlage deadlock is obviously more secure than the grade 2 rating. To put it another way, the Kwikset SmartCode smart lock deadbolt outperforms all others in the consumer lock market.
- For voice control, the smart lock integrates with Alexa (smart home hub required, Alexa device and hub sold separately)
- Is not compatible with Affinity, ZigBee, or Amazon key;
- Full 128-bit encryption security is provided. The latch’s backset can be adjusted from 2-3/8 inches to 2-3/4 inches to accommodate doors with standard backsets.
- When you have a Z Wave smart home system, you can use your phone or web-enabled device to remotely lock or unlock your door from anywhere.
- One-touch locking, automatic door locking after 30 seconds, and SecureScreen patented technology are also available as options.
- You can set up up to 30 different codes for different people, such as family members or dog walkers, so that you can lock your door with the push of a button.
- You can re-key your lock in seconds with SmartKey Security, which protects against advanced break in methods and allows you to re-key your lock yourself.
The Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave plus lives up to Yale’s stellar reputation as a lock manufacturer. Because of its minimal design, the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus technology deadbolt looks great in any modern smart home.
Using the touchscreen keypad on the Yale Assure Lock SL with Z-Wave Plus, you can unlock your smart home’s front door. With a backlit keypad, the Assure Lock SL deadbolt’s keypad is easy to use at night as well. The Assure lock keypad has ten digits on its digital screen and allows you to unlock your door by pressing three fingers on the keypad at the same time.
The Yale Assure lock deadbolt has a unique feature: it is designed without a key. As a result, you won’t need a key to get in. Your door can be unlocked using the keypad on the Assure lock deadbolt. For a smart home, a deadlock like this one is a great option because it has a contemporary design and is one of the best smart locks.
One of the best ways to keep your home safe is to use a door lock that doesn’t require a key. If the smart lock doesn’t have a key feature, a thief can’t use a key to unlock your door and gain access to your home.
After successfully connecting the Yale Assure deadbolt to the Ring Alarm, you can take control of it. This is a great way to create up to 250 unique access codes for your smart lock, each of which can be used to open your door. You can unlock the door and get into your house using the Ring app. The Ring app also lets you monitor the use of these codes. As a result, this is one of the best Ring-compatible smart locks.
The Yale Assure deadbolt smart lock is integrated with Ring Alarm using Z-Wave plus. The door lock uses four AA batteries as a source of power to function. If the batteries run out, a nine-volt connector is included in the door lock. Because the smart lock doesn’t use physical keys to grant access into the home, you need this connector to ensure that there is always a power source available.
- Enter your code into the lock’s backlit keypad to unlock your door; By pressing any button or enabling auto to relock, you can secure the door behind you.
- Using a compatible Z-Wave smart home or alarm system and an app, you can unlock and lock your door from any location (i.e. Samsung SmartThings, Ring Alarm, Wink, etc.). For this lock, you’ll need a third-party compatible hub and app (not the free Yale one).
- Using only a screwdriver, you can quickly and easily replace your current deadbolt on standard doors that are between 1-3/8″ and 2-1/4″ thick. There are no more holes to drill. Batteries and mounting hardware are included.
- Due to dead batteries, a 9V battery terminal prevents the device from being locked out. Has a thickness range of one and two and a quarter inches. Temperatures can range from 22F to 140F.
- The hub must be compatible with Amazon’s Alexa in order to use this feature. Depending on the Z-Wave controller, features may differ. Smart features require a compatible operating system.
- With Yale’s lifetime finish and mechanical hardware warranty, the most trusted lock brand in the world since 1840, you can rest easy.
- The lock has a 9V backup charger on the keypad, so you won’t be locked out if your batteries run out. To unlock, all you have to do is connect a 9-volt battery to the terminals and enter your code.
The Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Deadbolt is one of the best ring doorbell smart locks available. The Schlage Encode Smart WIFI Deadbolt has a unique feature in that it connects via WIFI. As a result, Ring Alarm or any other smart home hub is unnecessary with the Schlage Encode.
As a result, Schlage is one of the best smart locks if you want to use Ring Doorbell but don’t want Ring Alarm to integrate your home security to the Ring app.
The touchscreen on the Schlage Encode Smart Lock is resistant to fingerprints. Schlage locks can be used at night thanks to the ten lighted digits on the screen of the lock. The Schlage Encode does have one drawback: you can’t type in the code while wearing gloves. One of the best smart locks out there, however.
Since the Schlage Encode does not use Z-Wave to link the lock and the Ring Alarm to the Ring app, it stands out amongst this list’s other deadbolt picks. The Schlage Encode uses WIFI connectivity instead of Z-Wave technology.
As a result, in order to set up your Ring Doorbell, you do not need Ring Alarm. Those who want Ring Doorbell but don’t want to use Ring Alarm should consider this deadbolt as an option. Because Z-Wave technology isn’t used, this is the case. It is possible to integrate one of the best smart lock systems with Ring Doorbell by setting up Schlage Encore with Amazon Key app.
Because of this, Schlage’s lock designers have created an extremely secure lock, which has been certified as BHMA/ANSI grade 1. For security breaches and doorbell events, the Schlage lock is equipped with a built-in alarm that generates audible sounds. When the Schlage lock is equipped with this feature, it goes beyond the realm of “smart” locks. Schlage designed this deadbolt specifically to increase the security of your home.
- Integrated smart lock Because of the integrated Wi-Fi, you can lock and unlock your device from virtually anywhere. To create and manage up to 100 access codes for trusted friends and family, use the Schlage home app or the Key by Amazon app.
- Locking and unlocking your door is as simple as checking the lock’s status. Amazon Dash Replenishment can be set up to automatically order replacement batteries when they run low, so you never run out of them.
- Accurate one-touch unlocking with a capacitive touchscreen. When using voice-enabled products, voice control is an option that provides hands-free convenience. One of the highest ANSI grades of security (Best)
- The lock’s built-in alarm detects potential security breaches, and an early warning system for low battery replacement is included.
- A screwdriver is all that is needed to assemble. The deadbolt is attached to the door using a unique snap ‘n stay technology, which frees up both hands during installation.
This Yale lock is completely keyless, so it cannot be picked or bumped, unlike the other smart locks above. It’s also Ring-compatible, so you can keep an eye on things in real-time.
You won’t have to worry about being locked out of your house if your battery dies because the lock has a built-in charger. It is possible to unlock the door by pressing the power button and entering a code.
Furthermore, if the battery were to run out, you’d be alerted via the low battery alert.
Smartphones, Wink, and ADT-enabled devices can all be used to lock and unlock a door from any location in the world. For non-Z-Wave-based smart devices, a hub is required.
- Using the lock’s backlit touchscreen keypad, you can unlock your door and lock it behind you with a simple tap or by enabling Auto Relock.
- Add the lock to a Z-Wave smart home or alarm system and you can lock and unlock your door from anywhere (i. e. Samsung SmartThings, Wink, ADT, Vera, Honeywell). A compatible hub is required.
- There are no keys to lose or copy, and the lock is tamper-proof and tamper-proof itself.
- Make no fear of being locked out of your house because of dead batteries; the lock has a 9V battery back-up charger so you can enter your code with that battery power.
- Rather than hiding a key, make sure only people you can trust have access to your home with a code that only they know.
- You can always remove codes if you want to.
- The finish is compatible with both contemporary and traditional knobs, levers, and handle sets.
- All mechanical and finish components are warranted for a period of one year from the date of purchase.
Is it Possible to Integrate Ring Doorbell With Existing Smart Lock?
Ring Doorbell and Alarm integration with a smart lock can be a difficult process. In order to make it easier to understand the various integration options, we’ve included this section. You can connect your Ring device and technology to your smart lock in one of two ways. The following are examples:
Wi-Fi Smart Lock for Amazon Key
Using the Amazon Key App, Ring can be integrated with a smart lock. You can use the Amazon Key App to connect a Ring Doorbell to your Wi-Fi smart lock. For use with a WIFI smart lock, you can generate and manage PINs and smart lock codes using the Amazon Key App.
Once the Ring App has been set up and connected, you can easily lock and unlock the specific WIFI smart lock. A lock icon should appear on the screen when watching the Ring Doorbell video. Using this icon, you can unlock or lock a door equipped with a WIFI smart lock.
To directly connect a smart lock to your Ring Doorbell, you’ll need a Ring Alarm. It is critical that you have a reliable and robust Wi-Fi network.
Using Z-Wave Smart Locking Technology, Ring Alarms Can Be Linked.
Ring Alarm and Z-Wave technology can also be used to integrate smart locking systems with Ring. The Ring Alarm Base Station is one of the devices included in the Ring security kit. Many Z-Wave smart locks can be linked to the Ring Alarm Base Station. It is extremely versatile. This is one method of integrating Ring Alarm-compatible smart locks.
The Z-Wave smart lock can be easily controlled through the Ring app as soon as everything is connected and the Z-Wave integration is complete. Lock and unlock your door with Ring’s smart lock using Z-Wave integration, then watch live Ring video feeds on your smartphone or tablet. Alternatively, you can use your smartphone to control the smart lock.
The smart lock pin usage history and the door lock battery status can also be kept track of. It’s also possible to create and manage smart lock pin access codes through the Ring App. The Z-Wave technology integration is to blame.
Arm and disarm your security system by locking or unlocking a specific door lock with the Ring Alarm Z-Wave integration. Ring Alarm is the best way to connect these Z-Wave smart locks to Ring Alarm. Incorporating these devices with Ring Alarm via Z-Wave gives you a wider range of smart lock options and ensures a more stable and reliable connection than other methods.
Ring Compatible Door Lock Conclusion
Using a smart lock with a Ring Alarm or Ring Doorbell is a great way to enhance the security of your smart home. In this way, it becomes a very good investment. Integrating with Ring Alarm is highly recommended because it’s surprisingly affordable while providing a wide range of additional benefits to enhance the security of your home.