Haven Door Lock – One of the strongest port security systems on the market is provided by Haven Mech. Because it can only be unlocked from within the house, it loses a few security points, but it is still a worthwhile investment. For a slightly higher price, you can get Haven Connect, which adds intelligent lock features. Haven Smart Lock is an entirely new way to secure your home and open the door to the inside.
The HAVEN Smart Lock, developed by a Nashville-based start-up, is impenetrable. The HAVEN Smart Lock is unique in that it is not connected to the door holder like most other smart door lock systems. Smart locks work in the same way as large doorstops. An immovable block of concrete stands in front of the entrance. An annoying doormat behind an open door is an obvious hindrance, as anyone who has tried to get through one will attest.
To put it another way, there are numerous pieces of the doormat all over the floor. For its part, the HAVEN Smart Lock can keep the door closed even if it is knocked off its hinges.
Should I Have Haven Door Lock?
There has been a slew of new smart locks introduced in recent months, including August, Goji, Kwikset’s Kevo, and Lockitron. All smart locks adhere to one DIY principle: you should be able to connect your new smart lock to your existing deadbolt. This is true regardless of which brand you choose.
Haven, a startup based in New York City, was unimpressed with this “install-light” approach. Retrofit smart locks, according to this study, provide only convenience, not security.
With the Kwikset Kevo, our technical editor Steve was able to disable it in less than 5 minutes, and Chris Lind from Bob Cook Locksmiths was able to bypass it in under 30 seconds.
In the eyes of some, the shortcomings of deadbolts are meaningless because no lock can stop a determined burglar. Haven, on the other hand, appears to disagree, blaming the majority of successful forced entries on “weak” locks. A new standard for vulnerable entry points in your home was created: the Haven Smart Lock, which does away with the lock entirely.
In your home, you can use Haven’s Smart Lock to secure the bottom of your door with a steel, glass, reinforced nylon, and aluminum strip. When activated, it’s supposed to act as a doorjamb, pressing against the door and then releasing when the door is unlocked. If you don’t have a connected device nearby, you can manually unlock the lock from the inside, but this Wi-Fi and Bluetooth-enabled gadget is made to work with both Android and iOS devices, as well as wearables.
That way, you can come and go as you please without having to carry around a bunch of keys, and you can also give friends and family members access. If you lose power or your internet connection, this battery-powered Smart Lock will continue to operate. Haven also claims to be working on integration with the Nest Developer Program and Apple’s iOS 8 HomeKit.
Haven’s Kickstarter campaign launched just a few days ago, and it’s already about a third of the way to its $150,000 funding goal. Early backers can get a Smart Lock for $200 (roughly £125 and AU$225), and the first units should be delivered in August 2015.
Haven Door Lock Details
- A HAVEN lock has been proven to be 10 times more secure than a conventional deadbolt. A 30-inch steel baseplate anchors HAVEN to the floor and distributes the force applied to the door. When you apply force to the locking wedge, it flexes, making your entire door stronger and better able to fend off an intruder.
- Haven Connect is extremely user-friendly. Now, Haven Connect BLE can be used with Alexa. A Haven Hub is required to use this product. Create routines with your Haven Connect BLE to “automatically lock at bedtime,” “automatically unlock when you arrive home,” or “lock when Guard is set to Away.” If an intruder tries to break into your home, you’ll get an audible email/push notification right to your phone with the new Attack Detection.
- Any hard, flat surface can be used for the installation of HAVEN. 14 minutes is the average time reported by customers for installation. Simple to follow instructions and a template are provided. Six Phillips head screws are used to secure the HAVEN to the floor. Allowing the installer access to the steel baseplate’s six installation holes, the lockable wedge gate cover is dismantled. There are instructional videos available on the internet to assist in the installation process.
- In order to make sure that your doorway and floor are compatible with HAVEN, you can perform the Nickel Test. Make sure your door can pass over a nickel by standing it on its side and placing it on the floor in front of the in-swinging door. Additional 1/8-inch wide risers are available in the event of a gap. One riser in the box serves as a template for installation as well as a riser.
- Veterans of the United States Special Operations Command developed and manufacture HAVEN Locks in Tennessee. With military-grade materials like Delrin and nylon, Haven is built to withstand the rigors of the battlefield.
Haven Door Lock FAQs
Does Haven Door Lock Work On Any Type Of Floor?
Haven works best on hardwood, vinyl, laminate, concrete, and tile floors, but can be used on any type of floor. Before installing, your floor should be free of any dirt or debris.
In order to properly install HAVEN on tile or concrete, you will need a masonry bit and concrete screws* (not included in the box).
1. a) Do I have to drill holes in my floor? In order to distribute the force from your door to your floor, HAVEN was developed by a mechanical engineer. Six (6) lag screws secure the lock to your floor using Haven’s 30-inch steel base plate (included in box). This screw-in anchor method is our recommendation for maximum safety and security. If you ever decide to move or remove your Haven lock, the holes can be easily patched or covered up. We also have VHB tape for concrete and tile floors. For those who don’t want to drill holes in their floors, this method is an alternative option.
I have double doors. Will Haven Door Lock work on them?
If you have double doors, HAVEN can fix them by placing the unit in the middle of both door openings. Make sure both doors are locked by doing this!
Is Haven Door Lock Connect compatible with any other systems?
- Bluetooth version – Haven Connect
Using our HAVEN Hub, you will be able to control your HAVEN Connect and connect it to Amazon’s Alexa from anywhere in the world. Use the HAVEN Lock smartphone app or the myhavenlock.com web portal to control access from anywhere you have an internet connection. You’ll never have to wonder if you’ve locked the doors again, as multiple locks can be controlled within 90 feet (approximately) of the HAVEN Hub. You’ll also receive attack detection notifications, as well as routines and automations.
- Version ZWave+ of Haven Connect
If you’re interested in using Haven with other third-party home automation systems, you can do so with the Z-wave Plus version of the product. Alarm.com panels with S0/S2 security interfaces and a Ring security base station are all included.
Who Is Able To Setup Haven Door Lock?
They created HAVEN to be easily installed by anyone. A 14-minute install time is what most of our customers report. Step-by-step instructions are available for your convenience. Please let us know if anything in this guide is unclear so that we can make adjustments based on your input. Please see the YouTube video below for instructions on how to install. Install.havenlock.com has a step-by-step guide for you to follow. We recommend contacting a local handyman or checking websites like HomeAdvisor or Angie’s List if you need additional assistance.
I have a sliding glass door. Will Haven Door Lock work with it?
It is possible to install the HAVEN Connect and Mech to work with a sliding glass door through the accessories page of HAVEN Lock.